Wednesday, January 5, 2022

WOW Wednesday is BACK

 To make sure that our students knew about books in our online platform, I began sending out a book suggestion on Wednesdays.  With so much clever thought, I titled it WOW Wednesdays.  Every Wednesday--or very close to Wednesday, I would send it out to our students and staff.  

Then, as time went on, I stopped sending out those recommendations.  But, I read some good books over the break, and I want to share them.  So, I am bringing it back.  And, if you look at past posts, I haven't posted here in some time.  It's time to bring both of them back.  

To that end, I will post the recommendations here every Wednesday.  I might also post some other things as well.  

One great book that I read over the break is going to be our first WOW Wednesday of 2022.

This story is about Cooper and Jess.  They are brother and sister, and as many brothers and sisters--they get ANNOYED with each other.  Cooper is especially annoyed with Jess.

But, Cooper is especially annoyed with everyone and everything because his dad is not around, and he just found out that his dad and new wife are having a baby.  

So, when Jess shows Cooper some news articles about an unsolved mystery, he is--you guessed it, annoyed.  Until...he looks at the insignia on a boy's jacket in one of the pictures.  He has seen it somewhere before.  Oh, it is on the jacket of the girl next door.  This girl that just stares at Cooper and annoys him.  But, maybe there is something sinister going on.  Why would this insignia be on her jacket and a boy's jacket in a news article that is over 100 years old?  How are they connected?  Will they figure it out before something bad happens?

Find out in The In-Between by Rebecca K. S. Ansari.  

If you would like to read this book, we have it in the library.  Stop by and get it to read today. You will NOT be sorry.

If you like videos, here is a book trailer that I found.  







No comments:

Post a Comment