Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Babe Conquers the World: The Legendary Life of Babe Didrikson Zaharias by Rich Wallace

Babe was a fascinating athlete who was fabulously talented.  She loved sports; I mean she really loved sports.  She would see a sport that she wanted to play, and she worked at it until she was the best.  I mean, for real, the best in the field.  Her goal was to be the best athlete that ever lived.  It was amazing to read about her many athletic feats.  She even got a job in a company so that she could play on the team.

If you like reading sports stories, this is a cool story about how her drive and uncanny ability helped her rise to the top of the field.  The history of Texas was interesting to me.  Even though I am a native Texan, I do not know that much about that part.

When I first saw the title of Babe Conquers the World--I thought it was talking about Babe Ruth.  Then I read the rest of the title and I realized it was about a female athlete.  I learned so much from this book.  I really had no idea about Babe Didrikson.  Honestly, at first, I was not too thrilled with the book because Babe seemed so self-absorbed.  I know...I am probably the only one who felt that way.  But, the way she was described reminded me of reading about Steve Jobs. Just my opinion, but I am entitled to it.

Book 9

No comments:

Post a Comment