Monday, December 16, 2013

Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine

Caitlin's world has been black and white until "The Day Our Life Fell Apart".  Caitlin takes everything literally which can make communicating and understanding quite difficult.  When Caitlin tries to make sense of what happened and her life in general, she realizes that she needs closure.  In her attempt to find closure, she helps others as well.
This was an amazing book that a wonderful friend of mine suggested for me to read.  The author has done an amazing job of telling the story from the point of view of an 11-year-old child with Asperger's.  It is a quick read that gives a new perspective on life in general.  I realize that I did not give a long description, but I do not want to give away any information about the day.  It is such an important part of the story that in my opinion you need to experience as a reader.
Definitely, pick up this great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment