Wednesday, November 13, 2013

SR--Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick

Peter Friedman is now a freshman in high school.  He was a good baseball player, but he was injured at the end of the season.  He is a good photographer, and he has joined the journalism staff at school.  Even though he might not be playing baseball any longer, he has found a place at school.  But, Peter has a close relationship with his grandfather--in fact his grandfather is an award-winning photographer and taught Peter all he knows.  However, his grandfather is not acting the same.  He is different, and this makes Peter's world very different as well.

As always, Jordan tells a great story.  His characters are believable and real.  And, he does not mind dealing with a tough subject.  I have an uncle who I adore that is similar to the grandfather in this story.  It was heartbreaking to read at times, but WOW! it helped me visualize exactly what my uncle may be going through.  Don't miss this great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment