Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SR--The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and ducks created a dynasty by Willie Robertson

This book gives a close-up of the Robertson family who star in A&E's show, Duck Dynasty. It is told from the perspective of Willie and Korie Robertson. There are even some recipes found within the pages. Just FYI, the macaroni and cheese recipe was okay, but there needs to be some cheese added to the white sauce. Just IMHO, of course.

This summer I finally began reading this biographical story of the Robertson family. My daughter has been telling me to read it for some time.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the candor on the pages. It was very interesting to hear how Willie's and Korie's families were different but shared a common faith. The most interesting thing that I noted was that I also read a biography about Steve Jobs. Both Phil Robertson and Steve Jobs are geniuses in their own fields and misunderstood by many people. However, each man chose a different path in their personal lives, and that is the difference between their life satisfaction. Just IMHO, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment