Thursday, June 18, 2015

There Will Be Bears by Ryan Gebhart

Thirteen-year-old Tyson loves hanging out with Gramps, his grandfather Gene, who is his best friend now that Brighton wants to be with the cool jocks. Gramps has to move to a nursing home because he is very sick, but Gramps has "bear promised" to take him on an elk hunt in the Grand Tetons. Tyson's parents have decided that Gramps is not in good enough shape to take the trip.  But, Gramps will not break a "bear promise".  They sneak off anyway, but Tyson wonders if he is tough enough to shoot and dress a six-hundred-pound elk. As if that is not enough, there have been multiple reports of bear attacks--right where they are going.  Will Gramps and Tyson make it through the trip or will the bear be too much for them?

I just finished this book, and it came to me at such a great time.  Just a few days before Father's Day...I read a super book about a boy, his father and his grandfather.  I have to say that I did not want to read the book.  Yes, I know that I am not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I did.  I should know better, but this one definitely had so much more to the story.  I highly recommend reading this book.  Gephart did a great job of making me want to read the next chapter after finishing one. This makes for a quick and enjoyable read.  


No comments:

Post a Comment