Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinken

Grave robbers.  I'd heard of them before, but I had no idea that they actually attempted to steal the bodies of dignitaries.  So...in this book, you get to learn the real-life story behind the attempt to snatch Lincoln's body and holding it for ransom for the country's best counterfeiter.  That is right--not only do you get to learn about body snatchers, but you get to learn about counterfeiting and the beginning of The Secret Service.  And, oh by the way, it was about my favorite president as well.  No offense to the others--but I love Abe Lincoln.  My dad dressed like him for a parade during the BiCentennial--in 1976.  I've loved Lincoln ever since.  But, enough about me...here is a trailer for this one.

Really interesting read..



Book 16 in Summer Reading Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment