Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Towering by Alex Flinn

So, school started again, and I noticed that I did not blog about all of the books that I read this summer.  I will try to blog about them in the next few weeks mentioning that they were summer reads.

Now, onto this book...Towering by Alex Flinn.

Rachel lives in a remote tower and cannot see anyone except her "Mama".  She has long flowing, fast growing hair and healing tears.  One day a boy, Wyatt, comes to her tower and is able to reach the top by climbing her hair.  Sound familiar--yes, this is a modern retelling of Rapunzel.  Rachel and Wyatt have a strong bond so much that they can send messages to each other even when they are far apart.  Rachel must stay in the tower because there are people who want to kill her, but Wyatt does not know why.  Through a fast-paced story, Flinn leads us to discover the dark secrets of a town and how Rachel can help to save them all.

I really liked this book, and I whipped right through it.  Flinn is a great story teller, and this one does not disappoint.  I highly recommend this good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment