Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

When I started reading this book,  I could not put it down.  It was wonderful except for the ending--but I will get to that.
Cinder is a teenage mechanic who is well known for being the best mechanic in town.  As you can probably guess from the name, she is similar to another famous literary character who has an evil stepmother and stepsisters.  Cinder is a bit different in that she has synthetic parts including, you guessed it, one of her legs that later on will be significant at a ball.  Hmmm...are you with me?
Of course, Cinder is working hard one day when an attractive young man walks in with something for her to fix.  He is the prince who will one day be taking over the throne.  There are some sparks between them, but Cinder does not want him to find out about her true identity.  Will she go to the ball and fall in love with the prince and live happily ever after?  You will have to read to find out the interesting twists and turns in this new take on an old story.  Oh, about the ending that I mentioned before...it just ends with me dying to read the next in the series.  Which is titled Scarlet.


No comments:

Post a Comment